Enjoying Life For The First Time In A While ... - The Mystery Of Life

Enjoying Life For The First Time In A While ...

December 17, 2016

Every once in a while , I like to be adventurous or just do something crazy that is way out of my comfort zone . And this week , I kinda did , I mean , it might seem silly to all of you because it is not that big of a thing but to me , it was me looking at the beauty of life and enjoying it , nothing else . 

I was on my way back to the dorms from my hometown all on my own , it was a 3 hour journey but I made the time pass by , I did the usual , listened to music , watched a movie and wrote a little bit then decided to take a nap . When I woke up , I was in Dubai , an hour away from Ajman where the dorms are , and the view was magnificent . It was cloudy and a bit windy with artistic buildings here and there , it actually made me close my eyes for a few minutes and imagine that I was where I always wanted to be , London . I made myself imagine that I am a student who just got to see London after planning so many years to study in it . I started to make everything I saw in picture come to life . I even made myself imagine that I am on a train like Harry Potter's , not on a normal bus . It is pathetic I know but it made me happy at the time , made me enjoy the moment , instead of remembering that I wasn't actually living all of this . 

I arrived at the dorms and met with my roommate who had a lot to tell me about her week and we planned to scare my other roommates because they didn't know I arrived and let me tell you , I think I made one of them pee her pants because of how scared she was and the other one was asleep as usual without a care in the world and when she decided to wake up , she asked about food , typical . So we decided to have these unplanned , spare of the moment outings where we didn't actually know where we want to eat for sure but decided to eat at a restaurant we became fond of the past few months and I don't think they will let us enter it again . 

Why ? 

Because we looked like a couple of maniacs laughing at the silliest things ever but it was the best , we just didn't care , we were having the time of our lives even though people were staring at us weirdly . I just don't remember a time where I enjoyed the moment and stopped caring about who was staring or what they think of me . It was a good feeling . 

Later on , we decided to walk on the beach and by that I mean , taking of our shoes and deciding to get into the cold water in a windy weather with waves splashing us here and there . It was amazing , it just makes you feel like everything is alright once your feet touch the water , like you can finally breath . It was honestly a therapeutic treatment . 

Then we realized we had 15 minutes till our curfew and we ran to get a taxi with wet feet , holding our bags and shoes . We got in a taxi and when the clock hit 10:30 and we weren't at the dorms , we knew we couldn't do anything and we were near Starbucks so we decided to get some and told the taxi to get in the drive through and got some brownies with shakes and then arrived 7 minutes late . 

As soon as we entered , we stood the four of us huddled together , asking the security guard if we are considered late and if we get a warning . And guess what , he said we were off the hock and that we weren't considered late and even though some people were studying we screamed and did a small happy dance then ran inside when we realized we looked like idiots . 

The end of the night was just spent with us laughing and basically just enjoying our time together with a movie and some snacks . 

It wasn't something exciting to blog about I know but sometimes the smallest stuff like these mean so much , I felt like I was living my life for once and that made me realize how much I was missing out on the beauty of happiness

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *