University Advice ? - The Mystery Of Life

University Advice ?

March 06, 2017

Everyone graduates from high school thinking that they are going to a fun filled experience in university with lots of adventures and great people to meet , that is not entirely wrong but trust me it's not all fun and games . 

University to me is not just a place that I want to build my future in , it is far more than that , it also builds you up as a person as you pass each and every single year . It might even change you to a completely new person . It is totally normal for you to find out new interests and new friends you would have never thought you would be friends with . 

But here's the thing about university , you love the laughs , the independence and the unlimited sleepovers you can have with your friends but when reality hits in , oh boy . 

It is as if each and every professor had a full on meeting before the semester starts to make each quiz in the same freaking week . 
I imagine them being like " Oh they haven't had anything in a week , let's double the amount of quizzes and make them never know of sleep  ever again " . 

Yeah , I imagine they think this way . 

But you know what I find ironic though ? Is the fact that every professor expects us to put his course on our top priorities ... Like noo we have 4 more courses to take care of . 

I hate the fact that they get to me , you know ? Like I hate that I allow myself to break down from all this pressure of studying , like why don't I take things lightly ? Here's an advice for first year students : Take things easy , you don't have to be nervous over exams or professors mocking you in lectures . Just put it in the back of your head and focus on making yourself happy and passing through the years with a good GPA . 

University friends might last a lifetime or a few seconds . You will find people that you connect with on such a great level and that understand you completely but then you might find some that you just want to get some notes from or ask them about something study based and you might not even know their name and that is absolutely normal . But One great advice from me to you : Do not and I repeat do not trust any person you meet , let your trust be something hard for them to earn . Because not everyone you meet are who you think they are , a lot turn out to be way different and by different , I mean as bad as you can think of a person . So don't open up to just anyone . Choose who you trust wisely . And remember keeping your secrets to yourself is always better than telling them to someone . 

Something I see all over social media and that I relate to so much , is the fact that literally everyone who is a university student should have at least thought about a hundred time to just quit and drop out , trust me I am only in the second semester and I have thought it quite enough to the point where I decided that maybe making my own you tube channel would be better than attending this hell of a place ( this might actually be a fact ) . So don't freak out if you feel like you hate everything and you want to drop out or change your major , it is a very usual feeling that all of us have felt so you are not alone , just take half an hour to yourself and just breath through all the drama that is your life and everything will be fine . And ooh , bring food . Food makes everything a lot better . 

This quickly turned to an advice about uni so here's one that I still tell myself to do but I never do : STUDY BEFOREHAND . Never leave anything till the night of the exam . you will regret it , don't procrastinate . It is not going to help you at all , it will make you more depressed and sleep-deprived . 

But I never learn , I hope you do though. 

Lastly , Enjoy your life and stay out of drama . Uni is like high school sometimes , I feel like wherever we go , we have to have some immature people creating some unnecessary drama . Try not to get involved because some will be your worst enemies so don't play that game .

Go out when you can , don't lock yourself inside because you have to study , go have fun every once in a while , you deserve it . Don't stop yourself from doing anything you want to do .

I do enjoy being a university student , I honestly do despite everything , I am not going to lie , sometimes I wish things could be different but who doesn't ? 

But I feel like uni is kind of the place where you start to find who you are as a person a little bit , you kind of start to know more about yourself , sometimes things you didn't even know . 

What I am trying to say is , it is okay if you feel like you have changed or you don't know who you are becoming , just go along with what goes along with you and things will be fine . 

And to end this blog post , I would like to say that the more you give things less importance the more you enjoy them so don't make a big deal out of university and don't get yourself all scared and hyped , just stay relaxed and enjoy it because it will pass by without you even realizing it and you would have missed the opportunity to create memories of a lifetime .  

                                           Sunlight brings hope of a great day. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *