Things I Regret Sometimes ... - The Mystery Of Life

Things I Regret Sometimes ...

April 04, 2017

We all go through times where we regret certain choices we make , and even though sometimes we try to deny the fact that we made a wrong decision , we still need to own up to those decisions because after all  , wrong choices make us who we are and they teach us a lesson or two , and who knows maybe that's why we are destined to make a wrong choice every once in a while . 

Here are a few mistakes I have made in my life :-

1. Trusting People 

One of my biggest regrets in life , is that I always open up to the wrong people . I realized that not everyone is going to keep my secrets even though I would make sure their secrets are hidden , and that realization hit me later on , when unfortunately , I gave my secrets out to people I thought I could trust but turned out to be worse than the devil . But I can't be angry at them , you know ... Because I was the stupid one who either trusted them too fast or thought that they were worthy enough of knowing something about me. That taught me One thing , that I can go around being social and having fun with my friends but when it comes to who I trust and tell my deepest secret to , it will be limited to one person and that will be my best friend for 13 years now who I could trust her more than anything . How do I know she is a true friend , you might ask ? It is because she is the only person who would want what she wishes for herself for me as well . You know you have a real friend when you would wish good things upon one another , when you don't let silly things in life get in-between your friendship . Me and my best friend are in different places and can't see each other every single day and we can only talk on Skype , but that hadn't stopped us from calling each other every time one of us is in need of a sister talk . That is one friendship I never regretted and I am glad I have till now . 

2. Talking about People Behind Their Backs 

I know how we girls are , and I know everyone has to have talked about someone behind their back at least once in their lifetime . It is not a good thing at all . I hate it . I hate when I get in a fight with someone and because I am so angry at them , I start to forget the good things they did and only remember the bad things . I hate myself for doing that , I mean yes , when you get in a fight with someone , you need someone to vent to , but sometimes you just go off and tell more people than you should . I despise that because I know that I wouldn't want people talking behind my back for sure . And I do apologize for every single person I ever talked about behind their back , even though they might not know that , but oh well I am sorry . I feel like girl groups just tend to bring this discussion about someone all of a sudden and you get into it and start talking about this poor person behind their back . But that is definitely not an excuse for myself , I fully blame myself for it , you know why ? Because I have a friend that used to listen to our friends talk about someone and not get in on it , she would tell me how annoyed it made her , that even if that person did the worst thing anyone can imagine , we don't have the right to spread it for the whole world to know and her perspective really did affect me , it made me want to try as hard as I can , not to talk about anyone behind their backs because really what benefit do you get out of it ? Nothing . That Taught me that if you don't want something happening to you then don't do it to someone else . 

3. Being Nice To Everyone , Even Those Who Don't Deserve It 

I always treat people with kindness just like my parents taught me , Some of them treat me the same way but others don't . It gets to me because I start thinking ' What did I do wrong ? ' , but that is the thing about it , is that even if you didn't do anything wrong , some people think that it would be absolutely okay to treat you with an attitude just because their day was not going the way they wanted , well my day wasn't going as great as well but that doesn't mean I am going to start screaming at people who had no relation with it , that is not how things work . Some do it because they think they are way too cool to be nice back , which is really stupid by the way because when did being a rude person become cool ? What is the cool about it even ? You make people hate you more so how are you cooler than before ? . I am even nice to people I had a fall out with , I don't expect anyone to give me a pat on the back for doing that , but I do expect that if I am nice to you even after we had a big fight or fall out or we stopped being friends , You should be nice back , why hold a grudge for something that is long gone ? . What I am saying from all of this is that treat people the same way they treat you because you don't deserve any less of that . But that doesn't mean being rude to them like they are , No , more like dealing with them the right way an adult should so they know not to treat you this way again . I learned that in life , don't let anyone break your honor or dignity , not even once , because when you give them the chance to do it once , they will do it over and over because they think it is alright . So Defend yourself always and never let anyone treat you with disrespect . 

4. Not Being Adventurous Enough 

I was always a person who got good grades , social and had fun with her friends and her family but when it came to doing things adventurous , I would always back out last minute , I mean I didn't even skip a class in high-school till senior year and only because I knew I understood the lesson and it was a revision class , I never got caught for doing anything bad , however I once did talk back to my principal back in 11th grade but only because she disrespected me when I did nothing wrong . My friends were really proud of me back then . When my friends would laugh out loud and dance in the middle of the street , I would try to be like them but it wouldn't continue on because I would be embarrassed that someone saw us or gave us looks . In fancy restaurants that we would go to ,
I would always shsh my friends when they start laughing out loud and  when people start looking at us , I always ask myself , ' why did I care so much about what people think of me ? ' . It made me so closed out and far from having fun as a teenager . I am not saying that I want to act like a crazy person in front of people , no , I just want to have fun without caring that someone is giving us looks or not , because who cares about them , They are the ones giving us looks just because we are being normal teenagers and having fun ? . So I tried to change that , day after day and I am still working on doing that till now , just for the chance of making myself happy . However I am proud of myself so far , I mean last year I went to the Color Run Festival with only one shy friend , and even though she wasn't dancing along with me the whole time , I still managed to dance , scream and have the time of my life , she did too because I tried to let her enjoy without a care in the world . On New Year's Eve , I went to my first ever concert , I was afraid it won't be my kind of scene , that I would be shy and not have fun But I did the exact opposite , I enjoyed every bit of it and danced and laughed , I didn't care even though there were thousand of people there , It was a Coldplay Concert for god's sake , you don't expect me to stay still and not sing along to every song , do you ? . So I learned how important it is to put yourself's happiness first , how great it is to not care and do what you want to do . 

5. Not Appreciating My Parents More Often 

My parents always supported me through everything , they never said no to anything we asked for even though they aren't the richest people out there , they still never left us wanting something we can't have . I have always felt so blessed to have this kind of understanding parents but whenever things didn't go my way , they would have to deal with an angry and moody daughter , Why did I do that to them though ? After everything they have done for me , that is what they deserve from me ? They have given me so much , and it is my wish that later on in the future , I would give back to them to the point where they don't have to worry about anything because I would have it all covered . I am sorry Mum And Dad for ever making you angry or fed up with my actions , do know that I will always know that you mean more to me than any silly thing I ever go off about , hopefully I won't do these kind of teenager behaviors any time soon . Thank you for working hard day and night to give me and my brother the life we have today , I promise I will always appreciate what you do for me .

6. Not Taking Care Of Myself Physically And Emotionally 

I never thought that I was a person who didn't give her own self the care it needs until I grew up , I realized how physically , I didn't work hard enough to get to the body weight I felt comfortable in , I was way more unhealthy than I am now and I didn't realize how much effect this could have had on my health , Now I know and I am far happier with how I am now , with how healthy and comfortable I am with myself . Emotionally was worse , I would drain myself from emotions , I would cry and tire myself out for reasons that didn't matter at all , for things that I couldn't change even if I wanted to , for things that I just couldn't accept at the time , to the point where I started having sort of anxiety attacks , I guess you can call them ? I am not really sure if what I went through is a serious anxiety attack but It felt horrible . I don't want to go through it again because it felt like I couldn't breath for my life . I caused myself that and that only made me realize how much I should let myself have a rest once in a while , If I need some time off , then I will take it no matter what , If I feel like I might be broken emotionally then I will fix myself on my own with everything that makes me happy . Praying for me was the thing that helped me the most and my mother , she was there for me even when it got so tiring for her to do so and I am glad I have my mum there at all times because without her I don't know how I would have survived , my best friend for sure was there to give me all the encouragement I needed and I am thankful for that . 

7. Not Praying Properly Or Being Close To God like I used to

As a Muslim , I had five prayers a day that I was responsible of and I have always been religious , always felt safe when I am praying , always told my problems to God and always felt warm and relieved when I did so but sometimes I didn't do that , and It would make my whole life a mess when I didn't , it just feels like everything goes wrong with it , you know ? , it feels like something just isn't right . Whenever that would happen , I would feel so far away from God and it hurt . Because how could a person leave the one thing that makes them feel safe ? I felt so upset with myself when I did such thing because I only have this one life that God brought me to and I can't even make the time to properly pray for him and thank him for what he gave us ? . I always tell myself not to do so and now I am working on myself more and more to the point where I am praying properly not fast because I have to go out with my friends or watch a movie , and I am being close to God because he is going to make me feel safer than I ever will . Being religious and close to God isn't hard work , we just prefer life over it sometimes and that is when we have done the biggest mistake of our life . Always put your faith and religion first . 

8. Giving Up Hope ( Almost giving up writing )

I was always the person who waited for the worse to happen rather than the best , I don't know why I didn't have hope or faith that things will go my way , I always said that things I want are impossible to happen , but many things that had a zero chance of happening , happened and went my way . So Why didn't I have hope that everything will be fine ? Why didn't I trust myself and was confident enough that things would go my way ? . Almost giving up writing was the worst decision I ever had , it is like I was taking a part of me and throwing it away , I didn't feel complete but I thought it was the right choice at the time . That made me realize never to give up something that made me who I am , that gave me the escape I needed from the world . Hope is what we all have left when things don't go the right way and if we don't have our hope and faith , then what do we have left ? 



" Well , we all make mistakes , dear , so just put it behind you . We should regret our mistakes and learn from them . But never carry them forward into the future with us . "   
                                           - Lucy Maud Montgomery  
                                               (A Canadian Author)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *