Life Update : Done with Year 1 + Ramadan Family Nights + Eid Celebration . - The Mystery Of Life

Life Update : Done with Year 1 + Ramadan Family Nights + Eid Celebration .

June 29, 2017

So after being dead for a while , I decided to come back from the dead because , well , maybe some of you out there actually enjoy what I write and I didn't want to be gone and not give you the joy of reading another blog post of mine . 


Let us start off with how all of you are doing ? I am guessing all of you are done with finals and probably planning for a summer vacation and that is what you should do . As for me , I am doing great , I just finished my last final and I am done with year one of dentistry so I would like to announce that I am officially not a freshman anymore . woof . thank god . 

I can't believe a year passed since I got into uni , it feels like yesterday I was graduating from high school and stressing about majors and stuff , how quickly time passes , huh ? 

It wasn't the worst year but it wasn't the best either , I met a lot of people , I kind of started to become slowly the person I want to be . I am not fully there yet but I am trying . 

I think the best thing about this year was the memories , the laughs my friends and I shared when we would start going crazy because we have been pulling an all nighter for weeks and we just lost it , the singing along to songs in the dorms when we have so much to do but we are such procrastinators , the cries we had when we feel like we can't take enough from life but still manage to be there for each other no matter what , the social media stalking because we are girls who like to have fun in this specific way . However , I am not going to lie , I am so tired emotionally and physically , I am in pain and I just want to sleep for three weeks with no one trying to wake me up and to be fare we deserve it . I mean we did work hard . 

They say you won't notice the years passing by in uni , and without noticing you will find yourself a few steps away from graduating uni.

Sometimes you just want time to pass by and be over with everything but then you want to enjoy every second you have left . Maybe that is why our parents always told us that you will miss the high school days when you go to uni and we always were like whaat ? no way , but now we all do miss them terribly . But I love meeting my high school friends every chance I got , I love seeing people doing their own things in their own way even if every single one of us is somewhere around the world far away . It is nice to know we have a time to get back to one another . 

Year 1 of university taught me a lot , and it is so weird to think that I understood the way to handle some things in life once I entered uni , I am not saying I am an expert in life now , god knows I still have a whole lot to learn during my life as a university student but sometimes it is nice to fall into mistakes , you stand up with a lesson every single time , even if the process hurts and is pretty annoying but oh well .

I had the most pessimistic view anyone could have on how uni life would be , before I started it , I really did think for a second there , maybe more , that I wouldn't have lasted there a semester let alone a year . I may be exaggerating but I didn't like anything I had at the time , not the major , not the uni , I didn't know how life with a roommate would be . So you can't blame me if I gave myself the worst nightmare . So I regret tiring myself with these thoughts instead of being you know more hopeful about the future , I ruined that moving time between high school and uni for myself because of me worrying so much , I should've dealt with everything differently . 

Anyways another thing that I would like to say is , finals during Ramadan is the worst , like how am I supposed to enjoy the beauty of Ramadan when I have thousands of chapters to finish . Ramadan is all about embracing the spirit of love and family and what good that is left in the world , so having to balance between having that and studying was pretty tiring , but I still managed to have some pretty happy family nights , getting invited over to our friends and family's houses and having fun nights laughing and eating as many sweets someone can eat , it was great . Other than the fact that my aunt , my mum , my cousin and I got lost on the way back from a friend's house and it was nearing midnight ... Yeah I told my cousin she was definitely going to drive next time but hey at least we got our mothers to jam out to a drake song , that doesn't happen often but when it does , My cousin and I take as many videos as we can of them . Because who else is going to blackmail them other than their own daughters ? 

But I still wanted to spend this Ramadan differently , I wanted to go to the mosque more often but with finals taking most of Ramadan time from me , and me going from home to the dorms over and over , I didn't have time but still that wasn't an excuse but I really was under pressure but hopefully next year , I will make the best of it . There is always a second chance in life for everything , as long as you get to use it right I guess . 

Eid was spent in Dubai , we stayed there for like 3 days , Day 1 : we had a family lunch then we went to Dubai Glow Garden which was pretty amazing but maybe not that good to go to in freaking June , yeah you are going to sweat mate , a lot . Day 2 : we went to some restaurant with a singer and then to a mall near by , it was pretty fun though , got to take some pretty sick pictures for Instagram . Day 3 : I went with a friend of mine in uni who lives in Dubai to Dubai Mall which was pretty fun then we hit the road back home and then Eid was over . Which was pretty upsetting but hey at least I slept in the comfiest bed for three whole days . 

It feels so long since I last wrote something but I swear Life this past few months was pretty stressful but here I am . So this is what happened with me in the time I was gone ... 

Until next time ... 

P.s ; You guys should follow the blog if you are enjoying my writings , the follow button is in the top right of the page :) .

Bye .   

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *