What Psychology Taught Me .... - The Mystery Of Life

What Psychology Taught Me ....

July 06, 2017

Here is the thing about life , ....

No one tells you how to deal with things that can't be controlled like how to get over a heartbreak or how to deal with someone who claims they are your friend but they are definitely not or how to face people you care about with the truth without hurting their feelings . 

They tell you how to not trust this person or to not procrastinate or to just not do a certain thing so you won't go through the same horrible things they went through . 

But , do we listen ? .. is the asked question ...

We most probably don't and most of the times we blame ourselves for that , we keep telling ourselves how we should have listened and never done that , but the thing is ... Would you have learned a lesson from that if you actually listened ? 

No , you wouldn't have . 

I know this may sound crazy , but sometimes taking risks and going against what people tell you to do is what makes you grow as a person because you experience the situation and it stays with you forever so you know what to do if you ever were to be in that situation again . 

I will give you a very easy example from my own life . When I was younger , some people will make fun of me behind my back , I was nice to them and although I suspected that , I still didn't say a single thing until my best friend told me that and I actually heard them say stuff about me , they weren't brutally mean but still it pissed me off and for a long time it stopped and I ignored it but then it happened again and I snapped and when I would hear anyone talk about me in any way , I would straight forward tell them off and they would be like ' oh no we didn't mean anything ' . My mum actually warned me about that a while back but I always found excuses , because I was young and I wanted to be friends with anyone and yeah mum told me later on ' I told you so ' but if I did listen , I would have walked away from them and cut them off from my life and they would still think I am a coward and they would keep on talking about me . 

That's why the experience I had all through this time , taught me to man up and defend myself . Now I know not to let anyone walk over me or think that they have the right to do that . 

What I am trying to say is that ... 

Sometimes mistakes are the only way we could ever learn to deal with things the way we should have always had . 

So at last don't get upset over messing up in different ways through your life because you wouldn't have been the person you are today without that . 

I should call this ' psychology lessons with Lujain ' , but hey I just started taking psychology for summer semester and it is pretty damn interesting so why not give you some of the things I enjoyed knowing . 

Anyways life is too short to spend punishing yourself over your mistakes so just learn from it , move on and enjoy life ! 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *